Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Need for Theology

As I sit here on Wednesday evening I am anticipating my time tomorrow when I get together with a friend and discuss theology. I am sort of using him as an alpha project to hopefully launch a class in the church this fall. I have really enjoyed the time that I have been able to spend with him discussing these issues. It has really challenged me in my thinking again to live a life that reflects what I know to be true from scripture. I am also reminded that even if one does not think they have a theology they do. It shapes the way that we see our world. Some use scripture to form their theology and others deny the existence of God. Either way there is a theology that shapes the way that person sees the world. Tomorrow I look at sin and its affects upon the world and upon us as Christians. This is the one topic that I would just rather skip because it reminds me of all my short falls. The reality is though that it is needful to remind me that I can do nothing to remove myself from my situation and that I am in need of God's help.

No comments: