Monday, May 4, 2009

Galatians 3-4

Today's passage was on Galatians chapter 3-4 where Paul really gets after the Galatians for being so easily lead astray and taken up in their old ways instead of embracing the new covenant that is Jesus Christ below is one of the thoughts running through my mind.

As I read these passages I looked at the Galatians as being so easily lead astray and how could they so easily give up on the promise that Jesus gives by establishing the new covenant. How could they want to be under the law and have to abide by it to find righteousness. Then as I contemplated further I realized what Bart wrote about today. I may not return to the law but there are times that I return to what I consider more comfortable. I have to remind myself daily that my life is one of being part of the promise and I am not a slave to the things in my past. May the Lord help us to realize daily all that Christ has provided for us and paved the way of the new covenant. My prayer is that through this NT90 adventure we will grow in our faith and rely upon Jesus more and more.

No comments: