Friday, October 4, 2013

Lessons from King Saul - Following God

In 1 Samuel 13:1-12 Saul is faced with the dilemma to either follow God's instructions or to give into the people's wishes. As Samuel tarried  waiting on Saul, he was left to wonder if God was with him. Saul had the problem that many of us do from time to time. When God does not answer right away we often get anxious and act at times without making sure that it is God's plan. God often acts outside of our time frame and we need to remember that God is with us no matter what happens. I have come to realize that God answers our prayers with yes, no, wait, and my personal favorite I am not going to tell you. Saul teaches us that it is more important to wait on God than step out without him.

It has been a long time since I have made a post to this blog but I am going to try and blog more of my thoughts and studies.

No comments: